To officially join the Horned Frog family, there are a few tasks you’ll need to complete.
Admitted First-Year Student Checklist
Placing your $500 nonrefundable enrollment deposit lets us know you’re planning to join us. You must do this before you can complete the other items.
After you make your enrollment deposit, you'll receive your TCU ID Number and be able to register on the myTCU portal (my.tcu.edu). The myTCU portal is the primary account resource for all students. This registration will also give you access to your TCU email.
- Housing Application — Available May 1- June 15 after vaccination records have been accepted. Submit via your my.tcu.edu account.
- Housing Selection — General Housing Selection starts July 1 (some students will still be assigned extended housing). *Extended housing room selection will not happen for students entering in fall 2020. We will have one room selection for incoming first-year students on Wednesday, July 1.*
- Post-Selection Assignments & Waitlist — If you’re waitlisted or need to change your housing assignment, you can submit housing requests via email to email@example.com July 2 - August 1. The Housing Staff will be working on them until move-in.
- Housing Application open from May 1 to June 15
- General Housing Selection begins July 1
- Housing Staff will begin to accept housing requests July 2 - August 1
There are several opportunities for admitted students to learn more about TCU on our campus. Students should go to the myTCU Portal to register for any of the events listed below. If your schedule won’t allow you to attend, we offer daily campus visits twice a day, Monday through Friday.
Frog Shadow offers an opportunity for students to meet one-on-one with a current student as a more personalized introduction to TCU. It includes a tour through the host’s favorite spots on campus, a classroom visit, and lunch in our main on-campus eatery. About 3 hours.
This full-day program includes breakfast and lunch, a tour of the campus and/or a tour of the City of Fort Worth, a mock lecture with a TCU professor in your preferred college, and special interest sessions including campus life, financial aid, and study abroad opportunities. About 7.5 hours.
Whether you’re coming to TCU from down the street or around the world, we want to help make your first year successful. That’s why we offer Academic Orientation, Frog Camp and the Connections program.
TCU is a welcoming community that embraces diversity in all of its forms. Our truly global campus is home to students from 71 countries, and 17 student organizations are dedicated to multicultural and social justice causes.
Our 200+ student organizations give you more to do than you'll have time for. Lead in student government, worship your own way, work for the school paper, play on an intramural team, cheer with the HyperFrogs or sing in the choir. Or do all of the above. Interest categories include:
- Housing & Residential Life
- Performing Arts
- Social Justice
- Special Interest
- Student Governance