Transfer Academic Scholarships
2021-2022 Fall and Spring Scholarship Amounts
|Chancellor's||Full Tuition for 3 years||60||3.85|
|Dean's||$25,000 for 4 years||12||3.75|
|Faculty||$22,000 for 4 years||12||3.5|
|Phi Theta Kappa (TCU Sponsored)||$20,000 for 4 years||12||3.25|
|TCU Scholarship||$18,000 for 4 years||12||3.25|
|Founder's||$12,000 for 4 years||12||3.0|
|Gideon Scholarship for community college Education majors||$12,500 for 2 years|
|Sandra Brown Excellence in Literary Fiction||Full Tuition for 2 years|
Transfer scholarships are automatically awarded when minimum requirements are met
(except for Chancellor's). College credits obtained through AP, CLEP, or other Credit-granting exams are not
evaluated during the transfer admission process and are not calculated into the transfer
credit amount and transfer GPA.
Learn more about the Chancellor's Scholar application process.
Requirements for Consideration
- Gideon Scholarship requirements include a 3.5 minimum GPA and up to 60 transferable hours
- Sandra Brown Excellence in Literary Fiction requirements at www.elf.tcu.edu
Chancellor’s Scholarship Requirements
- 3.85 minimum GPA
- At least 60 transferable hours
- Two letters of recommendation
- Excellence on the Essay
- Outstanding Activities or Work Experience (Résumé)
- Outstanding Personal Qualities
The Chancellor's Scholarship is highly-selective. Finalists are invited to a required interview.
- NOVEMBER 1: Spring Final Deadline
- FEBRUARY 1: Fall Early Action Deadline (and consideration for Chancellor's Scholarship)
- JUNE 1: Fall Final Deadline
- Scholarships are limited to the first BA/BS degree.
- Renewal is based on a 3.25 cumulative TCU GPA and full-time status per academic year
- Merit Scholarships are only for new students and will not be awarded to current or former TCU students.
- Only one scholarship is awarded per student
A little bit at a time adds up to a whole lot. Community college students can earn scholarships for earning As or Bs, taking a full course load, volunteering in the community and so much more. Start counting your accolades for real scholarship dollars, up to $14,000 per year. Register at RaiseMe and keep track of all those accomplishments!
TCU also offers scholarships based on exceptional ability in the fine arts.
More Financial Aid Options
In addition to scholarships, grants, work-study and loans can help you pay for college.