Dean Einstein and Christopher Watts, Dean of the Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences, discussed opportunities for students interested in healthcare majors in a Facebook Live Q&A. They also offered insight into how TCU prepares graduates to make an impact on the field of global healthcare. Watch the video below for timestamps to find the answers to your questions!
Harris College alumni work all over the world, making strides in the areas of public health, nursing, social work, kinesiology and communication sciences and disorders and more. In fact, 95 percent of students are employed or plan to pursue higher education upon graduation. TCU applicants can now apply for the Early Admission Master's Program for conditional admission to accelerated programs in Social Work and Athletic Training.
Students have access to impactful resources.
In addition to excellent academic and career preparation, Harris College provides students with personalized resources to set them up for success at TCU and beyond. We have professional advisors, tutoring support and academic coaching to keep you on track with your degree plan and offer career services for life. Students also have many study abroad opportunities and can apply for aid to travel and study around the world. And the college offers resources like the Bebout Wellness Center for the Helping Professions to promote wellness for students entering challenging healthcare fields.
TCU's nursing program is highly competitive for a reason!
We look for the best and brightest students to admit to our consistently top-ranked nursing program. At TCU, students apply for direct entry into nursing and experience hands-on learning, meaningful mentorship, state-of-the-art facilities and exemplary clinical experiences. Our Health Professions Learning Center, or HPLC, offers a functional hospital environment for students to prepare for real-world settings. And students participate in clinical opportunities with local hospitals and clinics, in study abroad programs, externships and patient-care technician job opportunities. We limit admission into the program to reserve enough spots in our simulation labs and clinical sites, ensuring excellent preparation for the nursing field.
- How many nursing applicants are there and what percentage were admitted for Fall 2023? - 17:28
- How big are classes at Harris College? - 17:58
- Does Harris College have a pre-requisite for pre-med tracks? - 25:06
- What are some first-year classes an Allied Health Sciences major should expect? - 27:08
- How difficult is it for TCU undergraduates to apply for Harris College graduate programs? - 34:17
- If I take AP Bio in high school, would it help me prepare for college nursing courses? - 35:44
- How many nursing students also achieve a minor degree? - 39:43
- What is the most exciting experience you've heard of from a Harris College student? - 48:15
- Is it possible to meet with a current nursing student or tour simulation labs when visiting campus? - 52:08
- If a student is undecided whether they want to go to med school or nurse practitioner degree, what major would you suggest they apply to? - 53:17
- Do you apply to Harris College when you apply to TCU? - 54:55
- Is there a summer program related to the Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences? - 58:46
- What should prospective families ask that will be helpful in choosing a university? - 1:00:12